domenica 1 aprile 2018

THE RECORD OF THE WEEK:
WILL YOU BE THERE 
SPAIN MAXI SINGLE 12''
EPIC/SONY 659222 6

 
And here it is...there's no need to present the rarest european commercial release (not promo) on maxi single. We're talking about the spanish-only 12'' of "Will you be there", a real treasure for all the Michael's collectors.
Why is this record so rare? I don't know. It was released only in Spain, and that's a clue. But the release of such a few copies, in my opinion, is dued to its contents; at the time, 12'' singles were full of dance/club remixes, a "strictly for djs" product.
"Will you be there" tracklist had nothing useful for djs.
The title-track is a pop/gospel track, "Girlfriend" and "Man in the mirror" weren't exactly dancefloor-killer tracks.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Someone once said me:"Will you be there" is not the last single taken from "Dangerous", and "Gone too soon" that is a ballad, served as last extract from the album, got a larger distribution. How can you explain this?"
I said "Of course it had...but look which is the 4th track on the Gone too soon 12'':it's Thriller!".
"Thriller" song could be a reason why a 12'' had been a larger release.
By the way, 10 years ago this record was a legend for me. And you dopn't know how I was happy when I purchased my copy (for a good price, I must say). Today, don't be surprised if yuou see this record traded for 500/700 euros...this is its correct value.
 
 



 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento